The surgical staff at Crawford County Memorial Hospital will be in contact with you prior to your procedure to provide detailed instructions for how to prepare for your surgery. Among the instructions you will receive are:
- Pre-operative lab work and physical must be completed within 7 days of the procedure. Be sure to have the results sent directly to your surgeon’s office.
- Bring a current list of all medications you are currently taking. Be sure to write the correct name of the drug and all dosage information.
- Take two showers before your surgery (one the night before, one the morning of the procedure).
- Stop taking aspirin and other blood thinners 3 days prior to the procedure.
- The nurse will give you a time to quit eating or drinking. It is extremely important to follow that.
- When you speak to the nurse prior to the procedure, be sure to verify your arrival and check-in time.
- Be prepared to answer questions about your past medical history during an initial interview prior to the procedure.
- Be assured that the staff at CCMH looks forward to providing excellent care for you.