Diabetes Management Program
Diabetes is a disease marked by high blood sugar levels as a result of either the pancreas not making enough insulin or cells not responding to the insulin that is produced.
At CCMH Medical Clinic we have a team dedicated to helping you understand and manage your diabetes.
Your diabetes care team includes a Clinical Health Coach and Registered Dietician who will work together with you and your provider to:
- Provide education about diabetes and diabetes Dietician Services management
- Assist you in setting personalized goals to improve your health and minimize your risk of diabetes-related complications
- Help you develop a plan for meeting your goals
Clinical Health Coach
CCMH Medical Clinic offers a free Clinical Health Coach to patients with diabetes. The CCMH Health Coach is a patient advocate who:
- Helps you to figure out the diabetes management goals that matter the most to you and provides support and resources to help you achieve your goals
- Works with and supports you through face-to-face visits and follow-up phone calls
- Connects you to other diabetic resources, such as diabetic education classes or dietician services
- Helps you become an “expert” in the management of your diabetes
A registered dietician is a food and nutrition expert. The registered dietician at CCMH can teach you the skills that will help you manage your diabetes by discussing how your food choices and diet affect both your blood sugar and the risk of diabetes- related complications.
CCMH provides Spanish- language interpretation services 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
Certified Medical Interpreters are employed by CCMH and confidentiality between the patient and the medical provider is of the utmost importance.
If the patient speaks a language other than Spanish, live translation services are available via telephone from a third-party language line service.
Certified Application Counselors
If you are in need of care for your diabetes but do not have health insurance, CCMH employs a staff of Certified Application Counselors (CAC) to assist you in navigating the Healthcare.gov exchange website. Healthcare.gov provides the options available to you for health insurance coverage, an approximate cost for each plan, and whether you qualify for government subsidies to assist in paying health insurance premiums.
Take charge of your diabetes today.
If you have diabetes and are interested in learning about how the CCMH diabetes care team can help you improve your health while reducing your risk of diabetes- related complications, contact the CCMH Clinical Health Coach.
Health coach services at CCMH are free and available through self- referral or referral from your medical provider.
If you have questions about how the CCMH diabetes care team can help you manage your diabetes, call us today.