Step by Step - Breaking down the move
Thursday, June 23
- Family Medicine Associates and Surgical Consultants will close at 12:00 noon on this date.
- The moving company trucks will begin moving these clinical areas shortly after they close to the public.
- These clinical departments will be the only areas moving on this day.
- To appreciate how much needs to be moved, these departments have an extensive collection of records that will require two truckloads alone!
Friday, June 24
- Family Medicine Associates and Surgical Consultants will be closed all day to complete the move.
- The moving company will be back at CCMH to start moving at 7:00 a.m.
- Several non-patient care departments within the hospital will be moved today. Some of these departments include Administration, Human Resources, Payroll & Accounting; Business Office; Health Information Management; the Gift Shop; Purchasing and Education.
Saturday, June 25
- The moving company will begin loading additional departments at 7:00 a.m.
- We’ll finish moving the rest of the non-clinical departments, such as Housekeeping, Plant Operations; Transcription; and more medical records.
- Other departments that will be moved on this day include Physical Therapy; Respiratory Therapy*; Lab*; Cardiac Rehab; Pharmacy*; ER*; OB*; Specialty Clinic; and Kitchen/Dining.*
The * denotes that this department will not be fully moved at this time so that it can continue to function at the current location until all patients have been moved.
Sunday, June 26
- The moving company will again start at 7:00 a.m.
- Almost 3 truckloads of additional records will be moved.
- Parts of Radiology and OB will be moved – again leaving enough equipment available at the current location to function until all patients have been moved.
- More of the ER will be moved – yet this will be the last department to be shut down.
- One of the Operating Rooms will be moved and set up at the new building.
Monday, June 27
- OPENING DAY at the brand new Crawford County Memorial Hospital at 100 Medical Parkway.
- The new CCMH Medical Clinic (formerly known as Family Medicine Associates and Surgical Consultants) will open at 8:00 a.m.
- The new Physical Therapy department, Specialty Clinic department, Laboratory and Radiology departments will all begin seeing patients at the new facility at regularly scheduled appointments beginning in the morning.
- No Cardiac Rehab scheduled for this day
- Patients at the old hospital will be fed breakfast and shortly after be transported to the new hospital.
- The second operating room will be moved and set up at the new hospital.
- The remaining portions of Pharmacy, Dietary, Information Technology, ICU, Radiology, OB, Surgery and Respiratory Therapy will all be moved in the morning.
- The final department to shut down will be ER. We will utilize our Web site and KDSN radio to make frequent announcements regarding the actual time that the ER will be shut down. We hope that this occurs somewhere between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Once the ER is shut down at 2020 1st Ave, the building is no longer classified as a hospital.
Tuesday, June 28
- This will mark the first full day when all departments will be at full capacity.
- The moving company will finish moving all inactive medical records (around 4 truckloads).
- Areas at the old hospital will be cleaned.