COMMUNITY FAN DRIVE BEING CONDUCTED TO ASSIST INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES IN NEED
(Denison, IA) – Crawford County Memorial Hospital is partnering with other community healthcare organizations to conduct a fan drive to assist individuals and families in need of assistance in Denison and Crawford County. The fan drive will begin on Monday, June 18 and continue through July 9. According to the National Weather Service, the month of May was the hottest on record over the past 127 years. Forecasts for continued hot weather throughout the summer have spurred local healthcare officials to conduct the community fan drive.
Heat stroke or heat exhaustion is a common occurrence, especially when no air is moving within a home, and is particularly dangerous for the elderly, the ill and small children. Some residents of Denison and Crawford County survive through the summer months without any form of air conditioning in their homes.
New or used fans can be dropped off at:
• CCMH, 100 Medical Parkway, Denison;
• Crawford County Home Health, Hospice & Public Health, 105 N. Main St., Denison;
• Topko Home Equipment, 1401 Broadway, Denison;
• Our Savior Lutheran Church, 500 N 24th St., Denison;
• Reed Place, 2506 3rd Ave. North, Denison;
• Denison Care Center, 1202 Ridge Rd, Denison,
• Manilla Manor, 146 N. 5th St., Manilla.
West Central Development Corporation, 145 N. 7th St., Denison will handle the distribution of fans to individuals or families in need of assistance. Cash donations toward the purchase of a fan or air conditioner for someone in need can also be made to West Central. Any window air conditioners donated, or purchased with donations, will be distributed to those with specific medical needs.